That's Twice

I remember hearing someone say that while disciplining their kid. Leaves the kid feeling unsettled-after all the kid wonders, what was once and what happens if it happens again (whatever 'it' is) and...

Friday night we went to the Temple in American Fork. It was beautiful weather when we went in. Clouds gathering (yet again) wet roads (drizzles starting and stopping much of the day) and sun setting. Lovely evening. The parking lot is quite full, we park way down there near the gate. I guess it's gonna be a bit crowded. Well, this is one place I don't mind waiting.

So we do. We wait in the chapel, but not all that long. They're ready to start a session and the room starts to empty. I count the rows. Generally they can take 6-7 rows (depends on how close the people sit, or don't). We're on row 7. Hey-I can count. We've been doing this for almost 36 years-I know how this works.

They get to our row and say, 'Room for 7 more'. Okay, I count and yes, we're numbers 6 and 7. But she stops us and says you will be first in the next group, okay. First is fine too. Just as we're ready to sit, she comes back-guess what, there's room for two more (like there was before!) so come on.

More women than men. Not unusual. The women's side is full, I have to sit on the men's side, next to my husband! That's twice! in 36 years, that's twice that we've been able to sit next to each other, hold hands and smile during the ceremony. I like it!

The only thoughts that came floating to me was, "Cherish".

Cherish the Temple.
Cherish the Gospel.
Cherish your spouse.
Cherish promptings of the Spirit.
Cherish commandments.
Cherish the Love of God.
Cherish life.

Oh, and when we stepped outside to go back to our very red car Dove said, "I think ours is the white one way out there!" Every car in the lot was white. Three inches of snow had fallen while we were inside!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream