March 1987

I want you to know how happy we are here in our new home. The kids are going through normal adjustments for having just moved but are doing well. Janele went to girls camp with ward girls and there finally really started to feel accepted and part of the ward. John now has a paper route and just bought his own school shoes. He and David, Jacob, and Joey are up at the Boy Scout rendezvous. John is the only one who will be spending the week up there as Cub Scouts are invited during the day only. What's so terrific about this camp out is that 42 general authorities will be there visiting throughout the week, they said, and probably president Benson. He was the grand Marshal of the Provo Freedom Festival Parade this summer. We had to go see it, would have anyway. But when his car passed by I was overcome with emotion and for no reason was in tears. How can you love a stranger you have never known so much?

David's learning a lot of things about finishing a basement. He talks to the contractors at work and other men who have done their basement so he'll do the framing right. He talks to his brothers Merrill and Alvin who are professional electricians so he will do that part right. He's working hard on it and it looks like he knows what he's doing. You can tell he spends time on it thinking it through and talking to others so he can do it right. He explains it all to me, I even kind of understand what's going on, kind of. I'm certain that this is where the Lord wants us at this time. I feel a great debt of gratitude to Aunt Piney. I'm grateful she responded to the Lords direction, for living worthy of that direction, so that she could help us at that crucial time. David even said he can feel and knows that for once in his life he is sure he's right where the Lord wants him. I've experienced this many times. There is a comfort knowing your spouse feels it.

My mom sent me a lot of new genealogy information, my father in law told me the church has some new family group sheet format, I went to the genealogy library branch at BYU and was given some of these new forms, we went to the temple last night and I took with me a filled-in form to ask the best way about submitting so many names when you're only given six months to work on them, she told me as long as I kept working on them consistently that they would give me as many extensions as I needed. We did a proxy endowment session.

As we were leaving the temple we were in a conversation and I heard children's voices (they were laughing like little children on Christmas morning. Saying, "Bye-bye now, ya'll come back again soon", as we were crossing the drive through to the north side of the temple. I finally allowed their voices into my consciousness. I stopped, unwisely, in the middle of the street and said to David, "do you hear that?" He said "yes", I said, "those are children's voices". He said "yes". I asked, "where are they? Who would leave their children in a car unattended while they went to the temple?" But the children's voices weren't coming from the parking lot. They were coming from the lawn and trees near the temple. David said, "no one would do that." I said, "then where are they coming from?: I wonder if there even from this mortal state." He agreed that they were not. When we got home and recounted the incident to Janele I thought to look in my genealogy folder. I have heard three little girls voices and told Janele I was only aware of one little girl who died in early childhood. I checked and on the flip side there was Janine, Annie and Virginia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream