We Think Wrong

Sometimes I have thought that 'we' are blessed when we do what's right and because of that and because we strive to avoid doing things that are 'not right', then only good things will happen to me. Well, excuse me, 'we' did not get a theme park ticket to enter this life and sometimes bad things, sad things, hard things happen to goodly people.

Well, even 'sometimes' is a stretch from the truth. The ugly truth is, 'bad' happens in everyone's life on an ongoing basis. That is the nature of life, of mortality.

Also, sometimes our perception of 'bad' is warped and wrong. An event may appear 'bad' at first, however given enough time we can learn that it-the bad event-was a blessing in disguise.

Time. How to work through in your mind and heart over time the 'bad' event sometimes is the greatest challenge. The following society, scripture and song have been and continue to be my greatest source of strength through these times:

Purposes of Relief Society: "prepare women for the blessings of eternal life by helping them increase their faith and personal righteousness, strengthen families and homes, and help those in need.”

My favorite scripture that has helped me through so many of life’s twists and turns: And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall. Helaman 5: 12 Notice-it says when, not if. Challenges, trials, hardships and heartaches will come-to each of us.

A favorite hymn which has also helped:

Where Can I Turn for Peace by Emma Lou Thayne

Where Can I Turn for Peace, Where is my solace? When other sources cease to make me whole? When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice, I draw myself apart, searching my soul?

Where, when my aching grows; where, when I languish; where, in my need to know, where can I run? Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish? Who, who can understand? He, only One.

He answers privately; Reaches my reaching in my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend. Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching. Constant he is and kind, Love without end.

Go here and click on the button 'words and music' to hear the song and music: http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=1&searchseqstart=129&searchsubseqstart=%20&searchseqend=129&searchsubseqend=ZZZ


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream