In Quiet Solitude

In the Temple chapel tonight, with a mildly extended wait for a session to begin I leaned over to Dove and said, "We might as well start our scripture study now-it's going to be late by the time we get home." He agreed and we both reached for a Book of Mormon.

When I read, "Yeah, I have always remembered the captivity of my fathers; and that same God...," it got me to thinking that is one of the major markers of change or repentance.

When you learn a concept from the scriptures or from others, see how it is applied again in your lifetime and then respect that concept-you then alter how you think of things, how you respond to things, how you feel about things. You realize that your relationship with Him is much closer, caring, and comforting than the 'world' would have you believe. Funny-just after Alma states this comes the story of Korihor-one who totally goes against everything He has taught, Alma preached and lived by, and the sad truth is-people believed him. I guess it's more convenient and immediately comfortable to believe anti-Christs than to live by His rules.

Just thought I'd share that thought with you.

Comments

Janele Williams said…
I don't get it.

I just need some more lines connected for me.

I remembered the captivity...Is that remembering the scripture stories?

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream