Call the Know-it-all


I cruised into the Distribution Center, picked up new undergarments, renewed my Ensign subscription AND bought Dove 2 new white shirts and then hit the freeway about 2 minutes later.

Arrived at my destination in SLC about 10 minutes before I HAD to be there (which translated correctly means I sat and waited for 10 minutes) and then I made Dove give me directions to some place (any place) where we could grab a quick bite to eat. No repeat of last week. We sat down to eat, missed the next session and had to wait 40 minutes-that was one late night!

After we ate we headed for the Temple and were concerned with only 10 minutes before the next session that we might not get changed in time and make it. But-we did.

After the session we're heading to the freeway and are playing with the idea of stopping at IKEA to get some more cabinets for our favorite (for now) project-remodeling the bedrooms into a master bedroom, office and craft room with sufficient storage space in each room for all our stuff! But-hey, what time do they close?

I think this, you think that-let's call the know-it-all and find out. Yip, you were right-she said so. We had 18 minutes to scoot down to 140th south from downtown. We were concerned we might not make it. But-we did.

We are parked and just up the escalator when over the PA came the dreaded words, 'The store is now closed. Please take your items to the checkout.'

Dang, we may not make it. If they get their terminals shut down before we get to them... Ugh!

We found the short cuts and walked up to the order desk with 3 attendants waiting for us. One turned and smiled and asked how he could help us. He wasn't ready for the answer but it all fell out at once, "We need 4 24" wide 12" deep Akurum cabinets and one 15" wide 24" deep Akurum...." 'Hold on, I'm not ready.' Then with his system up we told him again, he asked the 30" or 40" high-NO, NO! there's a 79 3/4" high-that's the ones we need.

Yes, yes there is he says. Then he asks about legs, yes we need the legs. Then he asks about doors-no, not tonight. Cabinets first, we'll get the doors in a couple weeks. Then we raced through the store to the checkouts.

For the Akurum cabinets you pay for the order and then go to the pick up area and they pull the items (about as soon as the order is put in the terminal at the order desk, they start pulling them). So, again, we weren't sure we'd make it, but we did.

Then it came time to put them into the car. Man, o man! Like going to a buffet and putting too much food on your plate, we weren't sure we could fit them all into the car. Again, we weren't sure we were going to make it.

With the back seats down, the front seats slid all the way forward, we got all 5 cabinets in the car. And the legs. And the shelves.

We stopped at Macey's in SF on the way home because seriously, we weren't sure we were going to make it up early enough the next morning to get ready for our Easter party!

It's funny. I relate this evening with my life. Ever since I heard about the Gospel, I've not been sure I'm gonna make it (to the Celestial Kingdom).

I keep trying to keep all the rules and keep working at doing the right things, but still...

I wonder if I'm gonna make it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream