Sometimes.....

....Sometimes when you wake up with thoughts running through your mind..... So clear and accurate you know your mind is telling you it's time to get 'it' out. Sometimes I don't like 'it' and sometimes I don't care and I know I just have to do 'it'.




What is 'it'? Well..... actually 'it' is two different things which I'm talking about.

The first 'it' is the subconscious mind or intellect that is operating and demanding to break through and be expressed. So, okay. I let you come through and okay you are being satisfied because looky here... I am blogging.

Who is the audience for the first 'it'? Well, lemme see. The audience would be those who want to read this and the second audience would be those who need to read and apply this tidbit of knowledge, truth, light, experience.

The second 'it' is what was rambling, tripping, no running through my mind, eager to find 'it's' way out my finger tips to your eyes, consciousness, and maybe even to your heart for the purpose of helping you (evidently because  you're the one reading 'it') better your life or at least maybe feel better about your life and your most important and personal mortal relationship.

What relationship is that you ask? Hmmm... Well, let's get back to those thoughts that surfaced demanding to be shared.

Sometimes when you marry that 'perfect' someone you see in them (before marriage) everything you ever thought you wanted and needed to have that 'perfect' relationship you perceived your parents either had or didn't have.

Shortly after I had married my 'Mr. Perfect' my father-in-law warned/taught/cautioned me/us that when you marry you should go into marriage with your eyes wide open and after the ceremony you should keep your eyes half closed.

He further explained that he meant 'with your eyes wide open' you saw everything good and wonderful and perfect about your soon to be forever companion. By 'with your eyes half closed' he simply meant once you're married you need to turn a blind eye to every imperfection (not to not be aware of, accepting of, or knowledgeable about) your 'Mr. Perfect' has or is.

Somewhere in the past nearly 40 years I've learned a lot of what he had told us/me way back then is 100% true.

A month or two after that lesson he came to visit us and shared and explained a second story. Picture marriage or rather the marital relationship as a man and a woman seated on a horse. The horse is the course of time/life-we're in it together. The man has the reins and is facing forward. The woman is on the horse facing the rear, with a mirror in her hands-looking at herself, backwards, which portrays the man is working at life for the sake of their union (whether he's a student in school trying to better their station in life, or he's working a job providing for his family-for them) and the woman is concerned about her looks and perhaps their station in society and sometimes in looking at her mirror (a filter) she starts to wonder and ponder over the 'what ifs'.

What if he was more....what if we had....what if I had married....what if he could be more like....

After about three years of marriage I found myself in the 'what if' stage and realized I had been there for more than a year and also realized that I didn't like it. It didn't feel right. The marriage felt right. The 'what if' stage didn't feel right. Didn't feel true. Then the thought/teaching came to insert some of those 'what if's into the current scenario.


Here's one of the scenarios: Why do I always have to change the baby's diaper? Why doesn't he help with this? or with the dishes? or with the vacuuming? or the laundry? or...... What if I had married so-and-so? I bet he would have.... But wait. No he would not have.

A few decades later I finally accept that my 'Mr. Perfect' is just that, perfect for me. He is MY 'Mr. Perfect.'

The third 'it' is the concept of 'Mr. Perfect.' As a teenager, like most teens who are convinced they have a much clearer view of 'perfect' as they watch their parents in their failing or 'perfect' relationship; I was sure of what my 'Mr. Perfect' would be like. He would have ALL of the best parts of my dad and NONE of the ugly/disagreeable/imperfect parts. It's so easy when you're a teen and have all the answers. You do you know-just they aren't all the correct answers, are not complete answers, and probably are correct answers but to the wrong questions or wrongly applied.

Through these decades of marriage I've come to understand that the 'Mr. Perfect'-concept is really the concept of the 'Mr. Perfect'-for me.

My hubby is just that. He's not suppressed or oppressed me. He's given me free reign to grow and do as I please. When I invite him to help, he does, if I don't he doesn't. He loves me, often times in spite of myself and my own imperfections. He's a great dad. He's forgiving. He's loving. He's a goodly man. He's responsible. He's dependable. He is not argumentative. He's respectable. He's spiritual. He's intelligent. He's capable. Weaknesses.... Yes, we all have them. However, you can only build on the positive, so, forget those-they are some of those things you need to be knowledgeable about and seek the ways to work around them, or rather seek his strengths that will help you work around his weaknesses. Sometimes that invokes using your strengths and doing your part so he can fill in with his part.

The best example I have of this was when our blender had broken. He had a degree in electronic engineering. He hadn't bothered to look at why the blender had broken. Knowing that a small part inside would be cheap and replaceable-if only he would use his strength to seriously and manually disassemble and look at it..... I cleverly timed when he would be home to have it disassmbled, piece by piece in order and when he got home he was like a kid in a candy shop! He loved the puzzle, the challenge and saw right off it was the brushes for the motor that had worn out. He flipped them around much like you would brake pads on a bike and reassmbled the blender which gave us a couple more years of service.

Silly Mr. Perfect! I knew you could do it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream