It's Too Hard

Oh, I listened to that falling out of my children's mouths so many times. Sad truth is, I felt that way too. But, I was the mom and by darn they weren't going to get away with thinking because something was hard, they weren't going to have to do it anyway. I had to 'grow' into a lot of things and it started with feeble efforts and the expertise found it's way into the finished product eventually.

Then one General Conference session I heard the answer to my frustrations. I couldn't wait until the Ensign came out with the printed word so I could read it and get it right and then the next time they said, "It's too hard," I would have the right response.

The day arrived and of course, the kids, almost on queue blurted out their traditional balk to things perceived as difficult, "It's too hard." The first few times I had to read it, but before long I had it memorized.

Not all that long afterwards, so did they!

"That which you persist in doing becomes easier to do, not that the nature of the thing has changed; but that your ability to do it has increased."

Yippin-that's what I told them. I suspect, that's what they're telling their kids!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream