$5 Bucks a Bag


Dove donated blood at the ARC center today. I got there to pick him up just as he was through with his treat and was ready to go. I love perfect timing.

I was naughty (again). I hadn't made dinner. I was too busy crafting a card to give to the ladies I visit teach. I enjoy doing that-being crafty-visiting teaching.

As I was feeling guilty about not being a very good wife, I noticed on the Arctic Circle billboard, "$5 Buck Bag of Burgers Triple Berry Shakes" I can afford that much. So we splurged and got burgers, a triple berry shake to share and an order of fries to share.

Where's all this leading? Nowhere in particular-just down memory lane. My dad used to drive 20 miles south to Ventura and buy, from a mom & pop hamburger stand 20 cent hamburgers. AND this place had a gallon jug of banana peppers on the counter-have all you want with your burgers. For some reason that used to taste so good. I thought that was a great deal.

Then a couple years later I was in Salt Lake and found that the Dee's hamburger stands sold hamburgers for 10 cents each. What a deal!

Those were the days. What was minimum wage then? I think it was about $1.60/hour.

Yeah-you could work an hour and get 16 hamburgers in Utah or 8 hamburgers in California.

Minimum wage in 2010 is what? $7.25/hour? so you can get a $5 bag of 5 hamburgers and enough change to get a can of pop at the store!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream