I Speak IKEA, Do You Speak IKEA?


They moved them. I'm sure they did. We were just here last night and... and... they were just right there, weren't they? Maybe I was just distracted with the company I was with this morning so I just missed them. Maybe I was distracted because I was hungry. But really, I'm sure they just moved them...

We wandered for nearly an hour and were almost back where we begun so I had to ask someone. I certainly didn't want to sound stupid, you know. You don't speak Swedish and everything is titled with a Swedish name. So I experiment with a slight risk.

I walk up to an employee in a yellow with blue shirt and say, "I'm speaking in IKEA. I'm looking for a set of six, two of each, (my hands are demonstrating the sizes) and, komplement, and..." Before I finish my sentence she says, "There right over here and do you want it in white or black?"

If you speak IKEA to a person who understands IKEA, you won't sound crazy, you risk little to nothing and everything turns out alright!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream