That's The Plan

I am not a goal setter. Well, I wouldn't classify myself as one. A former co-worker would have a year-at-a-glace calendar by her desk. Every payday was circled in one color. Every unpaid holiday was circled in another. Every paid holiday (all three of them) was circled in another. AND she knew how many hours (to the minute) of PTO she had at what point and when she was going to take which day(s) off for the whole year.

Nope. I am not a goal setter-well by those parameters. That said, I know that since this week began with an unpaid holiday, I will have to find a way of making my 40 hours up (as much as is feasible) within the allotted four days left of the week. But wait, Friday, the day before the big move, will be a half day. Therefore I have 3 1/2 days to work my 40 hours in, or use PTO and then either not get paid for or not take vacation in July.

Today, and now is when and where I have control. So I get there as close to 7 a.m. as I can and work until 6 p.m. Three days of this will give me 33 hours. Then on Friday, as long as I show up at 7 a.m. and work until noon I will get another 5 hours in for a total of 38. Pretty close.

IF I get there 7 minutes late today I am eating away 7 minutes of my paycheck. If I leave early, I'm eating away more time of my paycheck.

Bottom line is if I show up later any day this week or leave earlier any day this week, I am eating away at my paycheck. So I only have control over my paycheck which comes in another week today. Today is the time to prepare. Today is the time to work.

Of one I asked for a sample of sand and was told, 'that's the plan.' Yes, yes. That may be the plan, but if you don't do it today, you may not get the chance again-you don't know what tomorrow holds. None of us do.

One measure of control of time is through lists. I asked of my DH please write a list of what needs to be done in the front room and the order it needs to be done in. It was a LONG list. However, by the end of the day, nearly everything was checked off. We got a lot done and I wasn't left wondering if he was going to do the next thing or what he thought the next thing was that needed doing.

I'm not a goal setter per se, however, I do continue to grow and hopefully improve-like wine with age. I certainly don't want to become vinegar-which I might do if I didn't continue to grow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream