Laws Can't Change Stupidity

When my babies were babies a new invention hit the baby aisle at the store. It was called infant car seats. You weren't required to have, own or much less use one.

That was back when seat belts became standard in all vehicles and most states didn't require you to use them.

Somewhere in that time frame I made a decision to wear a seat belt. Not due to laws-there were none governing it-but rather due to the 'smartness' of wearing them. It stood to reason in my young mind, that I should also put my babies in car seats. Again, no law, just smart.

Now, not everybody saw it that way. There were a lot of people who didn't think it was necessary. Two things happened as a result. One there were a LOT more available transplants AND two, people had more freedom.

Today however, because some people had the 'poor me's' following the 'poor judgment calls' and rather than accept responsibility had decided to join the Sue-happy tribe/trend and yeah-you guessed it.

Now you HAVE to wear a seat belt and you HAVE to have your kids in car/booster seats, and you HAVE to....

But ya know, I don't curse the law. I don't curse other's stupidity. I buckle up and shut up. Is that bad? Nah, I don't think so. I still do it by choice, not out of compulsory laws.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream