You Don't Know What You're Talking About

Man, I've heard that a lot in my life. Of course I heard it a lot as a kid from my parents. So I beg the question, when do you know what you're talking about?

Why even use the expression as a retort? When you feel like using that, I suspect it's time to start asking questions.

Why would you think that?
Why do you feel that way?
What gives you cause to think that?

Sometimes what one person hears is different than what the person speaking has said.

Sometimes? Well, more often than not.

We need to do more active listening. If we do not, the meta message being sent is, "Whatever it is you think you're saying means nothing. Therefore you mean nothing. Shut up and go away. Don't go away mad. Just go away."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream