Preferences...

Everyone ought to have preferences, right? I mean, we're individuals and so we have individual likes and dislikes and we rank them according to our intrinsic valuations. So for me a high preference is solitude.

Yes, I think so. I like to work alone, I like to play on my computer (quiet simplistic games like solitaire) and I like to clean or garden alone. I've long wondered why I've felt this way and have come to a realization (taken a few decades). At one point I even believed I was a loner because I enjoy doing so many things alone. Now I realize I do them alone so I can process, meditate, ponder, and think. Yes a good think has always been of great value to me.

Sometimes I like to think out loud-people call this talking to yourself. Mom always said it was okay as long as you weren't answering yourself. So what's my next preference? Being with people I love being around and playing simple games with them, or just visiting, or reminiscing, or going to a movie (but this one's dangerous for me-or those with me-because I laugh out loud and throw out comments that I should probably keep to myself-I'm certain this habit annoys others). I like hiking, but my body doesn't like it so much anymore. I've always loved participating in sports. I was never much good at them, but I did enjoy them.

So today I got to work alone, for enough time; got to play solitaire until I was sick of it; and then the ice cream with topping was playing games with three of the most wonderful people! I felt joy. I felt fulfilled! I felt loved. :) It has been a good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream