Wowsers! What a Whirl-wind Weekend This Was!





My oh my has this been a busy, busy weekend. Big sis brought a U-haul truck up with their stuff from a storage unit in Cedar City to put into a storage unit in American Fork. They did get approved and accepted for the 4-bedroom basement apartment to rent in American Fork. Little sis was busy after she got off work taking her trailer over to pick up newlywed’s new mattress and haul it to their new apartment. Somewhere in her journey’s the trailer got a flat tire. This despite the fact she had taken her trailer over to car repair shop and had all 3 tires repaired (valve stem, valves, whatever else they needed) on Wednesday (to pick up on Thursday).

Thursday I came down with a very nasty cold-probably the same virus that bro&sis in law have because his developed into bronchitis (I haven’t gotten that bad for the past 20 years and thank you very much I don’t want to) and her’s developed into pneumonia (I have never had that and don’t want to go there thank you very, very much). But a trip to Sam’s Club to get some new stuff (to me-recommended by a co-worker) and a good old stand by I seem to be able to function fairly normally. So Mucinex DM (dextra-methoraphan, an anti-cough stuff) and Nyquil capsules and I’m good to go.

Oldest dautinlaw had her ob-gyn appointment on Friday. She’s considered full term and her due date is/was May 6. She had high blood pressure (due to the pregnancy) two weeks ago-so the doctor had put her on bed rest. Last week at her check up the doctor said she was 70% effaced and dilated to a 3 and he reassured her that she would not make it to her next appointment (which was scheduled for Friday April 17th). Well, that’s not the first time a doctor has been wrong. And guess what, she was still pregnant. So Friday at 5 p.m. she calls and says that she asked the doctor if she would be okay to go to the wedding and/or the reception and was told nope-with protein spilling in your urine and with the blood pressure high-we’re going to induce you tonight. So new little girl was born at 9:35 p.m. and weighed 7 lbs. 13 oz. and was 21 inches long.

Saturday of course was a wild day. I think it was on Wednesday Dove got a call saying there would be a funeral held in the Knoll Park building-where the wedding breakfast is/was scheduled so it was bumped to the Stake Center. Which was fine. We just told everyone at the wedding how to find their way to the wedding breakfast. They all showed up and ate up nearly all the food. It was awesome to have lil bro & sis come.

Dove set up the picture frame and the slide show really did hold the interest of many family members-which was pleasing to me. Of course they would as many of the pictures were family group shots and though new daut in law was singled out-the other siblings were there too. So the question isn’t so much were they looking for her? Or for themselves? Either way, it was enjoyed by all and yes, we brought it to the reception and it was enjoyed again; interestingly enough by people other than family as evidenced by the group that was gathered around it to watch it.

So we were at the American Fork/Utah Mount Timpanogos Temple by 8:30 a.m. for the 9 a.m. sealing. I believe it was nearing 11:30 by the time we left-young son and the couple remained for more pictures. Young son had borrowed a camera and magnificent lens from someone (one of dautinlaw’s friends) and had a heyday taking around 2,000 shots before the night was through.

We got to the Stake Center and found the spiral cut ham still ice cold. I ran home and had soninlaw take our roasting pan up to Dove and told him to separate the slices into the pan and put it in the oven at 500°. He did and it was ready by the time we were ready. I was at home for about an hour changing my clothes and throwing 7 pictures from the wedding that morning onto the SD card to incorporate them into the slide show.

Older daut had put together the funeral potatoes and cooked them in the ovens at home (my house-my stove has a double oven). NM sons family helped me with decorating the tables (which soninlaw had set up) and NM family then helped me with getting the veggie and fruit trays set up.

There are always glitches. For one, the rest of the strawberry punch that older daut made (at my request-after she had offered ‘what can I do to help?’ when the engagement announcement was first made) was still at home. For another when we tried to heat the hams up in the STEAM heating/roasting pans at the church I (and Dove) forgot to put water in the under pan-DUH! So used to using a crock pot. One very, very minor glitch was that David put my jacket (while we were at the reception in the car instead of hanging it up in a coat rack (HELLO-I had my car key zipped in one of the pockets) and of course he locked the car door. Fortunately he had pockets in that tux he was wearing where he had tucked his car key. I think it’s a good thing we have only one car! So much for glitches-they cost no one their lives, and the Stake Center didn’t burn down on our watch! The most minor glitch? I forgot to change my watch from wearing my every day watch to my really nice watch. Ah well.

We were delighted at the reception to see that neice & spouse and Dove's older brother came (even though he had been OA/scouting that day and the night before-there was actually an aroma of campfire smoke about him!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream