Liar

He is a big fat liar. He says that it's delicious to the taste and very desirable. He doesn't even have a body so he can't taste. He's a liar.

He says that he rules this world. That no one can usurp him. Another lie. He can't even rule himself. He influences-as people allow him to-for they have such a need for greed and power over others too. Go figure. Birds of a feather.

God has said: "And worlds without number have I created..."
(Pearl of Great Price | Moses 1:33)

You know, I believe that. I feel there's evidence of that as well. The Hubble telescope (1" in diameter) was pointed at an area of space known to be dark-nothing in it. The shutter was left open for an extended period of time. When the image was finished downloading they found hundreds of galaxies in that tiny 1" of darkest space.



I highly doubt that the creation of 'worlds without number' was done all at once. I think the worlds have different start dates. I think this stuff we call life, experience, struggles, challenges, etc. has been going on and on and on for lots of other worlds. I think he has seen this too and knows it too and knows he can't win. That makes him such a big liar, because he's believing his own lies that he can win.

So do we also lie to ourselves and believe those lies? I do. It won't make me fat to have another... (insert bite of your favorite food here). It won't make me less healthy to not exercise today.

FEAR. That's the other big thing on my mind. On the news I heard the DOW had dropped 300+ points. Some reporters were saying it was the fear of Greece financial fall and how it would affect America. Later, when someone (several someones?) dug into it all deeper it was found that some bunny pushed a b for billion instead of an m for million when doing a bit of trading and that sent all the numbers tumbling. All traders in 'fear' dumped stock. I overheard someone say, "Over 10 billion was lost today." Fear. Pure unadulterated fear.

Tonight in the Temple I read: "Wherefore, he will preserve the righteous by his power, even if it so be that the fulness of his wrath must come, and the righteous be preserved, even unto the destruction of their enemies by fire. Wherefore, the righteous need not fear; for thus saith the prophet, they shall be saved, even if it so be as by fire.

Behold, my brethren, I say unto you, that these things must shortly come; yea, even blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke must come; and it must needs be upon the face of this earth; and it cometh unto men according to the flesh if it so be that they will harden their hearts against the Holy One of Israel.

For behold, the righteous shall not perish; for the time surely must come that all they who fight against Zion shall be cut off." (Book of Mormon | 1 Nephi 22:17 - 19)

I have dear friends who are afraid of economic collapse. Yes it could happen, probably will. Yes, it could be scary, probably will. However... "But, behold, all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people shall dwell safely in the Holy One of Israel if it so be that they will repent." (Book of Mormon | 1 Nephi 22:28)

A three-year old can fear that the plane will fall from the air, the cruise ship will sink and it could happen. But do I want to be like the three-year old who fears everything and so stops living? Or be like the three-year old who knows it could happen, but trusts in loving parents and knows it's better to go down with them than to survive without them?

I'll eat that chocolate and keep trying to exercise more often and be more active. Fear.

Whatever happened to the old understanding of the word fear meaning respect? What happened to the idea: "live; for I fear God:" (Old Testament | Genesis 42:18)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream