What do Hill Bill and Crown Share in Common?




We both took today off work. That meant we would be together the greater portion of the day. I know some people, as they age, grow apart and are content to have very busy lives independent of each other and so have a hard time spending time together.

That has not been our problem. We LIKE each other and we LIKE spending time together. Talking or not. Watching a movie or the news or not. So when my hubby said, "The Temple closes at noon on Wednesday and since we both have the day off, let's go!" I said, OK!

When we got there (on the way we stopped and got my Driver's License renewed-there really should have been a Staples button there because really, 'That was easy!') we decided to do Sealings.
So who was in the room with us? Couples by the last name of Hill, Bill and the Sealer was McCoy. Old feuds in the hills of Kentucky went on for generations between the Hatfields and the McCoys. All hillbillies. The commonality of this all? Though I am now and forever will be a Crown, I was born in Kentucky-2nd generation out of the hills!

The sweetest part of the day though-all the humor aside-was that as I went up to the second floor, walked around to the sealing office I had an overwhelming feeling of peace and love-a knowing that I belonged, that I was home, that I was familiar with this place. How sweet it is!
Oh and BTW, they have the Nativity statues up outside the Temple already!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream