The Adventures of Dove Step the Sheep, Chapter 4



Chapter 4

Dove step was eating yellow flowers, his favorite, when he saw an all-black lamb. Then he noticed other black sheep. He walked over to the lamb, which was walking towards him. The black lamb said, “Hi, I’m Mimi. What’s your name?” “I’m Dove Step.” He replied.

Why are you white?” said Mimi.

“It’s normal. Why are you black?” questioned Dove Step.

“It’s normal. I guess,” she answered. I guess some sheep are white while others are black.”

But that won’t stop us from being friends.” Said Dove Step. He started tell her all about his adventures. Mimi listened intently. Mimi laughed and said, “You stole the farmers ladder, climbed and fell into a tree!! Oh that is rich!” 

“Borrowed!” interjected Dove Step, “Borrowed the ladder. We returned it afterwards. After all we got it out.”

They chatted for a few more minutes about the moon. Mimi said, “I learned in flock school about the sun, moon and stars. I’m surprised you didn’t know already.”

“Oh,” replied Dove, “We start flock school in the late spring when we go to the mountains to graze. Mama sheep says the grass and water are so sweet up there.”

“You get to go to the mountains!” exclaimed Mimi! “I am so jealous!”




Once the time came to go to the mountains Mimi came rushing over and said to Dove Step, “My shepherd talked with your farmer and they’ve decided our flock is going to pasture with yours in the mountains. I’m SO excited!”

Dove Step jumped with joy! Nut Dove Step wasn’t looking and fell in the stream and was muddy all over! 

Now Dove looked a LOT more like Mimi than he ever did before!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream