Found a Peanut, Found a Peanut, Just Now I Found a

Alright, alright already. So it wasn't a peanut but a pumpkin. We couldn't figure out what happened to Babers pumpkin he painted. It's last reported whereabouts was the front lawn.

Well, last week while we were downstairs in the family room watching a movie I found Baber's pumpkin-atop the TV, of all places. How it got there is your best guess, for me, it was being 'saved'!

Today was the Provo Craft Halloween luncheon and celebration. Nearly EVERYBODY dresses up-really. Kent came as an Ent! I thought that was phonetically funny. It was great.

The call came around 9 a.m. to take your carved pumpkin to the Training Room to be judged/compete/whatever you call it. I took mine in. I thought it was a clever idea. Just executed in a lame way. But it was my lame way so I did it any hoot. I came up with the idea 3-4 days ago and with the last minute unexpected events for David's and my costumes, like sewing buttons on that fell off in the dryer because they were HOT GLUED on!; I never got around to carving my pumpkin. However, being an early riser and knowing the costume was ready, I spent some time carving my pumpkin-well Baber's old pumpkin, this morning.

We ate in shifts. Sloppy Joe's for lunch, with a bag of chips, a cookie and a can of soda (or water, as I preferred). While you were there you were to vote on the carved pumpkins and a best guess of who was going to win BYU vs U of U.

Then back to my desk, do a little more work and then...

I didn't dress up until after I was through with work around 1:30. Then I dressed, went to see Kent-he took my picture. After several co-workers brought their kids or grandkids around trick-or-treating, and because I was more than ready to come home I decided to pick up my lame carved pumpkin. It was gone. The lunchroom was cleared out. I didn't have the heart to dig through the garbage cans to find it. But I thought I should at least ask HR if they knew where it ended up.

They did. They had held it captive! It won. It was the only entrant and that little lame runt of a pumpkin won! A $10 gift card and a bucket of candy-which will work out great to handout at the trunk-or-treat tomorrow! She said usually they have about a dozen carved pumpkins, but mine was the only one this year. Which is really ironic. Because that's what I was thinking when I put mine on the table. No one else was bringing theirs in. I thought that maybe they would in the next few minutes, but as it was revealed at lunch-there were no other carved pumpkins.

When I picked it up from HR I said, "I bet you can't guess what it is." Oh yes-it's the power on creativity button for Provo Craft! Sure enough-they guessed it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream