Women, Women, Women

That's a quote from Saturday's Warrior. I love that movie/play. When I found this next song on Youtube, I couldn't help but feel deeply moved.

You see I love the TV version of Andy Griffith. Don't know if he's that way in reality or not, but the TV version is balanced, down-home and a real person. Doesn't have to put himself first, in fact seems to try to avoid that.

This song is done with both Brad Paisley and Andy Griffith. I love watching the Youtube video. It's very good.

Here's the song:

Brad Paisley, Waiting on a Woman

BP: Sittin' on a bench at West Town Mall
He sat down in his overalls and asked me

AG: You waitin' on a woman

BP: I nodded yeah and said how 'bout you
He said

AG: son since nineteen fifty-two I've been
Waitin' on a woman

BP: When I picked her up for our first date
I told her I'd be there at eight
And she came down the stairs AG: at eight-thirty

She said I'm sorry that I took so long
Didn't like a thing that I tried on

AG: But let me tell you son she sure looked pretty

BP: Yeah she'll take her time

AG: but I don't mind Waitin' on a woman

BP: He said the wedding took a year to plan
You talk about an anxious man,

AG: I was nervous

BP: Waitin' on a woman
And then he nudged my arm like old men do
And said, I'll say this about the honeymoon,

AG: it was worth it

BP: Waitin' on a woman

BP: And I don't guess we've been anywhere
She hasn't made us late I swear
Sometimes she does it just 'cause

AG: 'cause she can do it

BP: Boy it's just a fact of life
It'll be the same with your young wife

AG: Might as well go on and get used to it

BP: She'll take her time 'cause you don't mind
Waitin' on a woman

(Guitar Solo)

BP: I've read somewhere statistics show
The man's always the first to go
And that makes sense 'cause I know

Both: she won't be ready

BP: So when it finally comes my time
And I get to the other side
I'll find myself a bench,

AG: if they've got any

BP: if they've got any I hope she takes her time,

AG:'cause I don't mind Waitin' on a woman

Both: Honey, take your time, cause I don't mind
AG: Waitin' on a woman

final commentary:
Yeah-any man worth his salt won't mind waiting for a woman worth her salt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream