Happy Birthday Mom



She would have just loved it. She would have delighted and reveled in it. This is what families are all about. She was probably here and probably smiling and full of gladness-the eternal joy that comes from families working on being eternal. She was born on September 23, 1926. She would have turned 83 years old this year. She loved to make friends and was more of a social butterfly at heart-just no way to make it happen in real life.

She loved babies. The first time I saw her talking to my firstborn when he was only two months old I was aghast! Not at her-at me. She said more to him in 20 minutes about how darling he was and how handsome etc. etc. than I had said in two months. I didn't know you could talk to babies-they didn't appear to understand and seemed to be little more than animated dolls to me. Boy I learned a bucket load about her and babies in that twenty minutes!

Swinging in the blue swing. Just enjoying the day, the weather, the people. So peaceful.


You can't lie a truth away AND kittens can tell the truth. Truth be told, there's safety in Rachael's arms. That kitten is so relaxed...


This is the life. I should do this all the time! Corn on the cob. Eating outside. No mess to clean up. And swinging! Ahhhh... Life IS good!



Wow! Look at all these people. They're playing. Having fun. Even with the dog and the kittens. How do they catch them? How do they keep up with them? I just may have to go back to mom or dads arms. This is almost overwhelming!


You take picture of me?!


Dogs are much more fun to play with now that I'm an adult. Come here boy, get your flea-fly-floo!


I've got this one down. I throw that bright yellow ball and you go chase it. This is great! I do little work, you do all the work, and YOU'RE NOT JUMPING ON ME!


Take my picture! I'm dancing.


The children playing on the train. Together. No fighting. Little arguing. Just having too much fun to bother with being perturbed.


Each seemed to have to take their turn in the blue swing. Just for a few moments. Just for the coolness of sitting in such a cool swing.


The group behind Nikki are just enjoying planning and plotting their role playing game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream