Why?

Another kid, asking another question. This kid didn't do a lot of the 'why' questions when little. Sure is making up for it now.

Why do you hang your clothes on the line? Good question. I thought and kept taking the dry clothes down, folding them as I went along.

Why do I? Hmmm...

Do you do it to save energy? to save money?

Hmmm... Do I do it to waste time? Do I do it to prove a point? Do I do it because I can?

Outside, I get vitamin D in the sun. My clothes smell fresher. Dove used to love towels that had been dried in the sun. He would scratch his back after a shower with it. Someone at work asked why I don't just hire a neighborhood boy to mow the lawn. Good question, why? My response is that I have to keep active. When I start stopping, I'll stop starting. I'll lose more and more of my independence. When I die, I want to die because I wore myself out-doing good things, right things, good things in a right way.

I don't want to just be there like the 'good China' and never get used. So I keep doing all I'm capable of doing.

That doesn't mean I do everything the slow way. Or the old-fashioned way. This afternoon I took the shop vac outside (chagrin-what did the people driving by think?) and vacuumed up all the acorns that had fallen from my oak tree.

So, why do I hang my clothes out on the lines? Because I can! :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream