Saturday is a Special IKEA Day

While at IKEA we started with lunch, wandered longer than I wanted to, talked with the sales associate to get the order for the wardrobes for the office (he printed the sheet with the parts locations), from him found that the other cabinet I wanted was in kitchens, went to the display area of a kitchen and talked to an associate there, but that wasn’t the right place, was led to the right place, talked with the associate there, David spotted the cabinet I was wanting, the associate helped me pick out a door, and then we placed the order for the kitchen cabinet, which we will use in the office, bedroom and the craft room, he then printed out the sheet and we were able to pay the kitchen cabinet and door there. The stock was then being pulled and would be waiting for us when we finished getting the lighting for our new wardrobes and pulling our wardrobes from the self-serve stock area. Janele took Mathew out to the car to nurse him. Valerie and Solomon were playing in the children’s play area. Aaron had Mary and kind of kept with David and I.

My knees were killing me at this point so I left David selecting the lighting and took off with Aaron to pull the wardrobes from the self-serve area. Oh was that an interesting experience. We got a flat bed style cart and headed for aisle 4 & 6. At the location indicated on the sheet, which we referenced again to make sure we were at the right place, we started to pull boxes; ‘we’ meaning Aaron and the mouse in his pocket. I was trying to keep Mary safe and Aaron was struggling with holding the cart still and putting quantity 4 of 1 of 2 (total 8) boxes of 100 lbs. plus on the cart. I went to get another cart. After the first cart had 4 boxes on it the buzzer/pager went off demanding he go pick up Solomon and Valerie. I then tried to put the next 4 boxes on the second cart. I got 1 on and tried calling David. No answer. I tried calling Paul. No answer. I got the next 2 boxes on the cart and was struggling to get the third when Aaron walked up with Solomon and Valerie and Mary. Aaron got the fourth box on when I noticed something. The SKU on that box did NOT match the SKU on my print out. But right there, on the second shelf of the same location, just a little to the left were plastic bags of hinges and their SKU matched the my print out.

I showed Aaron the print out again and he about doubled over laughing. I suggested we leave the two carts there and get a different one to get the stuff we needed. That was nearly a half a ton we moved. We did not want to move it back. So we parked the carts in front of the location and walked away! Then Paul & Erin showed up. David showed up. Even Janele showed up. We got the rest of the stuff and walked to the checkouts! Somehow we need to go back to IKEA in the next 3 days and pick up the mirror doors for the wardrobes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream