IKEA Here We Come...

Wednesday I called IKEA to find out if the mirror doors were in-not yet, but due any day so call every day.

Thursday I called IKEA. The mirror doors were in. I read Janele’s e-mail-Aaron was working in Salt Lake. I called Janele and between the two of us we kind of figured out the logistics to get the mirror doors from there to here. We just needed to get hold of David too.

I called him. No answer. So he was on a bus that would take him to Payson and I wouldn’t be able to catch him before his stop in Springville. The plan Janele and I worked out, was I would pick him up in Springville and call Nel to let her know we were on our way and we’d meet her at IKEA.

I called David and left a message. I called David and didn’t leave a message. I called David and didn’t leave a message. I called one last time as I was half-way to Springville and he ANSWERED! For a moment and all I could say was ‘Get off the bus in Springville!’ and then the connection was gone.

Oh! Frustration! Gloom, despair and agony on me. Deep dark depression, excessive misery. If it weren’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all. Gloom, despair and agony on me.

I waited 5 seconds (half an eternity) and then I called him again. He had gotten off the bus-we agreed to meet at the gas station kitty-corner to Del Taco.

We got to IKEA and about got run over as we came through the store doors by grandkids! Valerie, Solomon and Mary running pell mell (in frantic disorderly haste; headlong ) straight for us! Whew!

David took the paper with the SKU for the mirror doors up stairs to get a printout for the self serve location of the doors. We met him downstairs and were very careful to check SKUs so we wouldn’t load the wrong cartons on the cart. They are heavy and we didn’t want to be so ignorant as to load the wrong ones and then just leave them there…

We paid for the items, ran home, unloaded, David and Nel took the seats out of the van and boomeranged to Home Depot to bring home the interior doors. Whew! Late night-but all was accomplished!

The grandkids loved playing with the kittens. Mathew loved playing in the kitty and dog food dishes and in their water dish. Even when he picked up and dumped out the water dish he had fun sitting in the puddle. The kids cookie-monstered the pinwheel cookies. Once Solomon realized they had marshmallow inside he even wanted to have one! Then on to the easel for which Mathew thought the chalk was supposed to be an after dinner snack!

Finally mommy returned to rescue them from the clutches of grandma!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream