Ages 0-5 years


From ages 0-5 I remember a few things and have recorded them in this journal. I have divided up this journal in 5 year sections. Each section deals with a five year span of my life.

I remember a hot summer's day in Kentucky (Lyons Ave., Louisville, KY". I went on a walk with my Dad. I was barefoot-had to be or I would not get to go with him as he didn't want to wait for me to get shoes on. Although he cautioned me not to step on the cigarette butts, I guess in my 3-year old mind that meant that I should because I (in my stubborness) stepped on every one of them. Some of them were still lit. I remember having a very hard time falling asleep for my nap because my feet hurt from the burns on the souls.

Some parents have a knack for talking with kids and coaching them. Some kids can trust their parents and do what they are told. Me? I'm a bit hard headed (that's putting it mildly) and I seem to have to do things the hard way-reinvent the wheel.

The accompanying picture was taken in April of 1957. I was 3 years old and Barbara was 13 months old.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream