My first experience with Coke.


Bob and I helped Mom carry home some groceries one winters day. I think it was only a few blocks between our house and the neighborhood grocery store. As a four year old it seemed like a very great distance.

Mom had me carrying a six pack of bottled Coke. It was so heavy-for me. Mind you the bottles back then were relatively small they only held 6 1/2 ounces. Yes, there were six of them and yes they were in glass bottles and yes, I was only four so for me they felt very heavy. It was winter time, there was snow on the ground and hands were very cold. I whimpered and whined.

Mom and then Bob joined in telling me to go on. After a while I stopped and sat down in the cold snow (I told you I was stubborn). Mom said I'd get colder sitting there and I'd be warmer sooner if I'd get up and go home. I sat.

Pretty quickly they gave up and just walked off. I cried. It didn't stop them. It didn't even slow them down. So I ended up getting back up before they were out of sight and followed them home.

Comments

Janele Williams said…
Valerie's asking to her the toothpaste story again.

Solomon said, "These stories are funny."

Aaron's been chuckling quite a bit, too.

Thank goodness for computers. I can copy, paste and save these for my children. Then I can bore them with the same stories I love to be bored with.

Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream