Toothpaste on the Ceiling

Seriously, I have NO idea how that got up there. First of all it was kept in the bathroom way up where I couldn't reach it AND there was no stool AND I was too little (and ignorant) to be able to climb on the toilet and get into the cabinet where it was kept so I KNOW it wasn't me. Also I couldn't climb up on the top bunk AND I certainly couldn't carry a tube of toothpaste and climb up AND I didn't have the capacity to throw it up there.

It's totally understandable that my parents were upset that the toothpaste was wasted. Minimum wage was like 50 cents/hour and a tube cost pretty close to a dollar. It was a new thing to be able to buy toothpaste in a tube. Up until then you used baking soda (not powder) or you bought a can of tooth powder to sprinkle on your tooth brush and then brushed your teeth.

All I know for sure is I was taking a nap when the deed occurred. Later when dad got home from work he got upset when he was sitting back relaxing in the front room and looked up at the ceiling and saw it. He was not happy. He was yelling at mom and at Bob and I.

Of course what I think happened is that mom laid Bob and I down for a nap and then she laid down. When Bob couldn't sleep he got up and snuck into the bathroom, investigated the contents of the bathroom cupboard and returned to his bed with his treasure and then had his fun.

Comments

Janele Williams said…
If baking soda wasn't a powder, what was it? A liquid?

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream