The Milk of Human Kindness




In 5th grade Dr. Boaden (PhD) talked the Kiwanis club into sponsoring 4 elementary students to Disneyland. I was one of them. I had a ball. I rode a mule train. No really-they had one. There were like six or eight mules daisy-chained together and you rode on them in a saddle along a trail which had miniature houses and villages-it could easily be where Storybook land boat ride is now. I rode the Matterhorn. I rode the tea cups in Alice in Wonderland's the Mad Hatter ride. I loved It's a Small World and the Submarine ride. I never had dreamed of an experience so wonderful. To say I was overwhelmed is an understatement.



About a month after this event I was invited to go to the Kiwanis Club luncheon and tell them how much fun it was and how grateful I was for the opportunity. I was 11 years old and could NOT articulate how much fun I had and how great it was and how grateful I was for the opportunity. The spaghetti lunch was good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream