Easter Eggs

One evening my parents were dieing Easter eggs at the kitchen table. I had woken up to go to the toilet. Dad yelled at me to go back to bed when he saw me at the doorway. Mom said to him she didn't want me wetting the bed. So he grouchily said I could crawl to the bathroom which was on the other side of the kitchen. I thought as I crawled-why should it matter if I see the eggs?

Another memory was when Barbara was in the 'Johnny Jump Up' swing/spring seat in the doorway. Bob and I used to twirl her around. She loved it. She would giggle and be so happy. The unit was screwed into the door and would tend to come unscrewed.

Mom would yell at us to not do it as Barbara could get hurt. One day while mom was visiting outside across the fence with a neighbor. She had left Barbara in the 'Johnny Jump Up'. Bob and I kept Barbara happy and entertained by twisting her around. Sure enough the screw came undone and she fell and hurt her head. Why do moms always have to be right?

Comments

Ruth Sarah said…
Good question Mommy!

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream