Buelltin for a year.

In Kentucky there had been a public pool we went to swim at. There was a slide in the water. I kept going down it even though the water was too deep for me to breathe in for how tall I wasn't in the landing/sitting position. I nearly drowned but wouldn't stop going down the slide. Someone finally picked me up and like a cat dragging a rat home took me to my parents and told them to keep me from going down the slide.

Dad didn't find a job in the LA or Long Beach area so we ended up moving to Buelltin for about a year. Dad had caught a wild magpie which we kept it as a pet.

Grandpa Nelson owned the motel and diner where we lived. I attended a public pre-school in Buelltin. I think the guy who played the Cisco Kid came to school to perform. I attended a public school for the fall semester. I really liked school. I got to learn, someone answered my questions and opened my mind to my potential. I liked school. I really liked learning.

One summer day I took some matches outside and played in the big open field behind the motel. I was striking match after match. If you've ever looked at a match burning in broad daylight you know you can't really see much of a flame. I accidently started the field on fire. I ran home. Mom could see I was worried and upset about something. The fire department was called and put out the fire. Someone had seen a kid in the field just before the fire started and sent them over to talk to mom. She told him we were all laying down talking naps. The fireman said a neighbor in the next block over saw a kid-a little girl and she thought she saw the girl running to this place. Mom reassured him it wasn't one of her kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream