The Big Move...

I remember a long drive moving to Santa Barbara. It felt like it took forever. I guess one of the things that made it feel so long was that I had stuff on my lap and under my legs so there was no where to move or stretch-no way to get 'more comfortable'. There were no such things as kid music playing on the radio and even less of a chance of getting a kid/family oriented movie playing on a portable DVD player. Steamboat Willie may have been released to movie theaters in 1928 but it didn't come out on DVDs until 2003-a far cry from 1959 when we were moving. Besides that 8 minute movie could only have entertained us for so long!

There was something pressed against the lower outside of my right leg and made it hurt a lot. Mom kept telling me to look out the window-as if that was going to relieve the pain!

We had a Pontiac-olive green and beige with a white top and a hood ornament that reminded me of a Mohegan.

I think that was mom & dad's first car. They hadn't had one, hadn't needed one when we lived in Kentucky.

Comments

Janele Williams said…
I thought you took a train to California? Is the move from somewhere else in California?
Janele Williams said…
Okay. I see. I should check your blog more than once a week.

Never mind about my previous question.

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream