Gardening

I love flowers. I love roses. I love peonies. Last year my peonies budded and something ate them up and I had no pretty big puffy pinkness for my home.

This year I took a stroll around the yard a couple weeks ago and saw that my peonies were budding. Wohoo! Promises of prettiness to come. But what was that I saw? Something diving in at the buds. Yellow Jackets! They were eating the buds. That's why I had no blooms last year. Now I knew who the culprit was.

I grabbed my bag of granulated pesticide and I poured some over my plants!

Today, two weeks later I went walking past my peonies and they were blooming in gratitude for their rescue from the voracious yellow jackets.

I thought I'd share my fortune with you:


Was this micro-managing on my part? I don't think so. I was gardening!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream