TEACHER OR CLASS THAT HAD A GREAT INFLUENCE ON YOU

Miss Hanmore, my second grade teacher, using popsicle sticks, taught me to add and subtract.

Mrs. Harris taught me the love of reading reading.

Mrs. Diller (the Killer) taught me that not all adults who are strict, are mean.

The single, most important education influence I ever felt was from my elementary school Principal, Richard Boaden.

He’s the one who understood my needs and helped me fill them. He knew I was stealing others lunch money to buy food at school—he brought me into his office and gave me two cookies and sent me to the cafeteria to get a milk every day. He offered me the opportunity to pick up pieces of garbage off of the playground. He would sell ice creams on the playground and so would hand me an empty box. When I brought it back full of garbage, he gave me an ice cream. He let me work in the school lunch room when I was in 4th grade, unheard of for a 4th grader, to earn my lunch. This continued through 5th and 6th grades as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream