TELL ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE AUNT


That would be Aunt Piney. Napina Astley. You couldn’t be around her for more than three minutes before she’d find something to complement you on.

She was a feel good Aunt. She was sharp as a tack. You couldn’t pull anything on her. She was loving and Christ-like. I loved her, admired her and look forward to joining with her again in the hereafter.

Her son was Carlfred Broderick. Anytime I hear any of his talk tapes I hear her laugh. Anytime I read the marriage and family counseling books he wrote I can hear some of her nuances in his verbiage.

I love to hear the stories he tells of his childhood involving his mother.

The picture posted here is when she was visiting in Salt Lake with Mont and Blanch-her cousins. She called to let me know. We were living in Provo at the time. I grabbed my 2 year old (Froggy) and we high tailed it up there as quick as we could. I'm so glad I did. I don't remember getting to see her again. She eventually succumbed to metastasized breast cancer.

When Uncle Vic was still alive I took some of the persimmons that Sis. McDougal gave me made persimmon cake-this was when my oldest was 1 year and I was expecting my second baby. We took the cake with boiled frosting down to her and Uncle Vic. I'm so glad we did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream