TELL ABOUT AN ACCIDENT YOU HAD AS A CHILD (ON YOUR BIKE, MOTORCYCLE, WET YOUR PANTS)

As a child, on my bike. . . hmmm. . . This is a painful one to bring back. My parents, for all their backwoods larnin’ really cared about appearances. I guess all Americans with pride do. So I had grown up caring and to a degree fretting about my looks. Grandma Nelson once said of me that I was an ugly duckling. I guess it was meant as a backwards complement. Well, the story. I was riding my bike (I was about 12 years old) in our back yard. It wasn’t that big of a yard. There were clothes on the clothes lines. I ducked to miss the clothes, so I could keep my speed up. I ducked hard and fast. I chipped my left front tooth. It’s still chipped.

Never had an accident on a motorcycle. Used to ride as a passenger with Jack Giles driving or with Connie Placencia driving, but I was never in an accident.

Wet my pants…. I wrote up that story already. It’s under DO YOU RECALL ANY OUTSTANDING FAMILY TRIPS OR SUMMER HOLIDAYS YOU EXPERIENCED AS A CHILD?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream