TELL ABOUT SOME OF THE MOST NOTABLE PEOPLE IN YOUR HOMETOWN

Surely you know me well enough by now that just as God is no respecter of persons, and He's perfect and told us to be like Him, I really could care less about 'famous' people. Or rather my definition of famous is in our offspring. But as for the rest-I don't measure up to them and they don't measure up to me but... Since you're insistent...

Ya know, I don’t really pay attention to that sort of thing. If God is no respecter of person’s then why should I be? I respect others as human beings, I respect others authority, I respect others position, I respect others opinions (differing or not).

Well, let’s see. Hometown of Louisville, Kentucky: (let me check the Internet first) Muhammed Ali (Cassius Clay-the heavyweight boxing champ), Rosemary Clooney (I loved listening to her sing-she had a role in the movie the Poseidon Adventure), Crystal Gale (singer-Don’t it make my brown eyes blue), Abraham Lincoln (my favorite!) and me!

Famous Natives
People listed are almost always native to the state. We do, on occasion, include those that have lived within a state for most of their adult life.

"A mostly random selection"

John Adair political leader

Muhammad Ali boxer

Alben William Barkley former u.s. vice president

Daniel Boone frontiersman, explorer

James Bowie pioneer

Louis D. Brandeis former u.s. supreme court justice

Kit Carson army scout

Rosemary Cloony singer

Jefferson Davis president of the Confederate States of America during the Civil War

Johnny Depp actor

Crystal Gayle singer

Elizabeth Hardwick author

Ashley Judd actress

Naomi & Wynona Judd singers

Abraham Lincoln former u.s. president

Loretta Lynn singer

Carry A. Nation social reformer

Patricia Neal actress

George Reeves actor

Diane Sawyer television journalist

Phil Simms football player

Adlai Stevenson former u.s. vice president

Allen Tate poet

Hunter Thompson author

Frederick M. Vinson former u.s. chief justice

Robert P. Warren author

Hometown of Santa Barbara, California: somebody named Kathy Ireland-a sexy model for Sports Illustrated.

Hometown of Provo, Utah: Arvard Fairbanks (sculptor), Barney Clark (heart transplant), Jacob Crown, Joseph Crown, Ruth Crown Oscarson, Paul Davis Crown.

Hometown of Salem, Utah: David Crockett had something to do with discovering the Artesian well here.

That’s about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream