DO YOU RECALL ANY SPECIAL EVENTS WHICH TOOK PLACE ON YOUR BLOCK OR IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD WHILE YOU WERE GROWING UP?

The most special event that comes to mind is about there being a flood in the city streets of Louisville. Out our back door and down the steps the street was flooded. Out the front door and down 2 steps the street was dry. I think it had something to do with the Ohio River, but I can’t find anything on the Internet relating to flooding, river flooding and Louisville, Kentucky.

I do recall the adult neighbors standing around on the sidewalk and exchanging comments about too bad for the guys on the downhill side of the street. And how grateful they were that they were on the uphill side of the street and how they almost bought or rented one of the houses across the street, etc. They seemed to be watching their kids play in the flood waters and talking about the potential dangers with that (sewer water, storm drain water, and bacteria). I recall mom saying that I could NOT play in the water as I hadn’t had my shots yet-whatever that meant. Well, that’s what I thought at the time. I had no clue what shots were. Maybe that was best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream