Monday, Monday... Can't trust that day...

When I'm at work I rarely check my cell phone. I'm at work. That's where I'm supposed to be. My cell phone represents my independent, separate and very private life. Unless there's something going on in the family or I'm expecting a call-I just don't check it until I get off work. Unless on the off chance things are dead quiet in the office and I hear some lyrical notes wafting from my bottom desk drawer which sounds get a little louder when I open the drawer and get normally loud when I reach into my purse and snatch my phone out.

Monday I did not hear my phone go off. Going home I was so dog tired (I had woken at 2:47 a.m. and couldn't fall back asleep-and yes this is unusual for me) I didn't bother with checking my phone when I got off. I drove straight home-had a hard time staying awake and just wanted to dive into bed when I got there. Dove called about the time I got into my office and that's when I noticed there was a text message. From frog. 'Did you get my text earlier?' Uh-I'm sure I did, but I didn't know about it.

So I checked unread messages and sure enough-he'd texted and he had good, good things to say. Like he put a corned beef brisket in a crock pot and then potatoes and was bringing that and cabbage over to cook for dinner. WOW!!! The day I am so tired I can't walk straight and he brings over dinner!

It was absolutely perfect. If he ends up in the galley, his shipmates will be the lucky ones!

Then we (Frog, Frog Bride & Roo) crafted 23 bridal shower invitations. We finished around 11 p.m. Sweet part of the evening (besides the get 'er done group cooperation attitude?) was someone rang the doorbell and presented us with a 2 lb. box of Belgian chocolates-as a thank you for some work Dove did in the stake. We told Dove about it and that the chocolates were for us and the thank you note was for him! He laughed and was the first to share!

What's that song again? 'There is beauty all around, when there's love at home. There is joy in every sound, when there's love at home.'

Comments

Sharon said…
I got the invite today! It is so cute! You all did a fabulous job! :)

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream