Every Once in Awhile

Every once in a while you think maybe, as a parent you did the right thing. Last Sunday Frog, after having enjoyed a good Sunday dinner at someone else’s expense and effort, responded in a most mature and responsible way when I announced to the front room full of adults (dad, Roo, Frog Bride, Tallest Bro, Tallest Bro's Bride to be, and Frog), “Okay, looks like we need someone to volunteer to bake the cupcakes and someone to wash dishes.” Frog looked around at the room of people for a moment and then spoke up and said he was going to make brownies. Then I paused, for effect, and with no other volunteers I said, “Okay Dad, looks like you and I are going to be doing the dishes.” To this Frog immediately said, “Mom-you are NOT going to stand and do the dishes as long as I am in the house!” What a great example to his older brother to say that. So dad and Frog went to the kitchen to make brownies and do the dishes. I then said to Tallest Bro & Tallest Bro's Bride to be, “I believe you two have proofs from the engagement shoot that you need to go look at-they’re on my computer.” So Frog Bride came with me to play Boggle at the kitchen table while Roo got her boys ready for bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream