DO YOU REMEMBER ANY SPECIAL FEELINGS YOU HAD AS A CHILD? FEARS, FANTASIES, ETC.

Fears? I guess the greatest fears were what would happen to you if Dad was mad you’d crossed him or gave him cause to blow off his steam on you. The other fear was walking out the pier and seeing those huge 1” cracks between the wood planks. I was sure I would fall between them and land 100 feet below (really it was only about 15'-20')in water so deep you could get swallowed by a whale (really it wasn't more than 20' deep).

I was always afraid at night, when it was dark, that I might have something or someone jump out at me and attack me. Didn't matter if it was in the house or outside. Never occurred to me that like a dog chasing a car, after it’s caught, what would it do with it-so what would the boogy man do with me?

Fantasies? I always imagined I was a queen. I knew I was. I knew I was superior. Not to anyone in particular, nor above anyone else. The thought hadn’t occurred to me that we are all queens and kings.

As to any other fantasies, I hated the way I was teased at school and I used to imagine lining those who were so mean to me in a nice neat row and walking past them and slapping their faces. The thought hadn’t occurred to me that my hand would be sore afterwards. Neither did the thought occur to me that I'd be as bad or worse than they were at how I was treating others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream