LIST EACH OF YOUR AUNTS AND UNCLES AND TELL ONE THING ABOUT EACH OF THEM

Aunt Betty, Dad’s sister:
She had been in a car accident which caused some health problems. Also she was in a wheel chair. Mom told me it was from PKU (An inborn error of catabolism, characterized by a virtual absence of phenylalanine hydroxylase activity and an elevation of plasma phenylalanine, often resulting in mental retardation.-The Merck). Aunt Betty died a week after delivering her 4th child, with a brain hemorrhage, something related to the car accident. About 15 years later her oldest daughter Elizabeth-goes by Bit had called and we had a nice long conversation. She indicated that her mother wasn’t in the wheel chair because of PKU but rather from the car accident. I have no time line on any of it so I don’t know who to believe.

Aunt Millie, Mom’s sister:
She’s a younger sister. I remember visiting with them one holiday, could have been Thanksgiving and they had a house dog. Their house was always nice and clean, orderly, hard to imagine that they came from the same mother. They had a dog; its name was Tinta which is Spanish for ink. She kept a candy dish with M&M’s in it on the coffee table in the family room. When I asked her if she didn’t have to worry about everyone eating it up, she said that’s all she ever put in it and because everyone was so used to having it there, no they didn’t just eat it up.

Uncle Chuck, Mom’s brother-in-law:
He worked for the fire department of Long Beach. I remember him as a soft spoken man. I have always liked Uncle Chuck.

Uncle John, Mom’s brother:
I never met him. The only thing I knew about him was he was younger than Mom and Aunt Millie; he had a heart murmur when he was a little boy and spent a lot of time resting; when he was an older boy/young teenager he was great at trading things around with others to get what he wanted. I also know he eventually committed suicide.

Uncle John’s wife, Mom’s sister-in-law:
I never met her. I don’t recall even seeing a picture of her. I do know that she and Uncle John had twin girls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream