DESCRIBE THE MOST SERIOUS ILLNESS YOU HAVE HAD

A gallbladder attack. I literally felt my life forces leaving my body and I really didn’t care.

I’ve never suffered with clinical depression. Never had bipolar or schizophrenia or any other mental illness.

I had chicken pox when I was in the third grade, the last week of school, so I missed the end of the school year classroom party. That was a bummer.

I had a really bad case of the flu once when I was in Junior High and nearly passed out.

I don’t remember going through pertusis (whooping cough) when I was two years old. Mom was beside herself. I got it and then Barbara (2 years younger than me) got it. Of course, it is life threatening and the younger you are, the more life threatening it is. Years later I recall her blaming me for getting Barbara sick with it. As if! That was another lesson learned of what to not do. People get sick; others carry germs; that’s part of life. I developed a nasty habit for coughing because of it. Ever after (u7ntil about the age of 10), when I’d get a cold, I’d cough and cough that deep throaty cough that sounds like you’re going to cough your guts up. Sounds horrible and it’s no more productive than a ‘normal’ cough. So I had to unlearn that cough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream