WHAT THINGS DO YOU ENJOY DOING TODAY THAT YOU ALSO ENJOYED AS A CHILD? DESCRIBE THE THEN AND NOW DIFFERENCES, SIMILARITIES, ETC.

Ya know-this thing changes as time goes on.

Movies. I attended them about three times before I left home at age 17. King Kong when I was a little girl in Kentucky and it scared the living day lights out of me. Krakatoa East of Java when I went on a date with Keith Kendrick. Some drive-in movie I went to with my dad, and we bought a six-pack of ale and drank it while we were watching the movie.

Now I go with my husband, am more careful about what I go to, and am looking specifically for entertainment that leaves me feeling good. I could careless anymore if I have a movie snack or treat.

I find a lot of satisfaction in journal keeping and in blogging (online journaling for me). I find a lot of satisfaction going to the Temple and doing genealogy and doing the online census indexing. I find great satisfaction in introducing my grandchildren to new tastes, places, scents, feelings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream