WHAT SPECIAL THINGS DID YOU DO WITH YOUR MOTHER?

She and I used to stay up late during the summer months watching the late show-usually an old black and white movie. But that was okay because we didn't get the expensive color TV-ours was just a black and white one.

Mom loved the old actors and actresses, I loved the happy endings and the beautiful décor in the movie sets-it set my imagination running toward the ritzy finer things in life.

The other thing we did, when there wasn’t a ‘good’ movie playing that night, was to play cards or dice. We played rummy, gin rummy, bunko or Yahtzee. I nearly always lost but for me playing games with mom was the reward of working hard during the day and getting some quality time and attention with my mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream