DESCRIBE YOUR FIRST BIKE

I was starting junior high school. My dad went down to the Western Auto store and bought me a new bike. It was a coaster (peddle backwards to apply brakes, this also means it was a one speed-Hey, less parts to break!) It was blue. I don’t even remember if it had fenders or not. The very first day I rode it to school my right foot slipped off the peddle as I was coasting downhill and got caught in the front wheel. The spokes of the wheel wore through the soul of my very expensive, brand new Hush Puppy shoe. Boy were my parents all shades of happy over that! They shoes were the most comfortable and perhaps the nicest pair of shoes I had ever had; Hush Puppies, taupe and a foam rubber soul. Dang it. But they had to last the whole school year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream