DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE GENERAL AUTHORITY(S)? WHO AND WHY?

Elder Neal A. Maxwell-because he has a deep spiritual base, an understanding and way of expressing the gospel principles and practices. Also, from reading his book I’m realizing how much I relate to him. He couldn’t ride a pony as a child no matter how many times he tried. Some other kid came along and after one day of trying was successful. To this his mother replied you were always kind to the animals. There is more to being always kind to the animals here. He emulated this ‘more’ I’m referring to in his last week of life. He was dying. His wife was speaking to him. He didn’t seem to hear her. She asked him if he had both of his hearing aids in. He replied, “Yes, I do. And if I could I would wear a third one.”

He had a sense of humor, a respect and love for his fellow beings, and exemplified his love of the Savior in all things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream