DESCRIBE YOUR MOTHER'S WEDDING DRESS. WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT HER WEDDING?

My mother's wedding dress was a ladies suit, fully lined, which she made. She was a great seamstress. It was a beautiful burgundy. They got married in an Episcopalian Church, I believe in Long Beach. My mother stood 5’9” and was very, very slender. She was a beautiful woman.

I don't really know much about her wedding. I'm not even sure who her witnesses were. I know that her mother-in-law was sure she was just trying to marry into the family to get money. Others accused them of having to get married-yet their first child was born three weeks shy of their first anniversary.

My mom once told me that the night before they got married dad had to stay in her/what would be their apartment; and he wanted to sleep in her bed. He said he'd sleep on top of the sheet and she could sleep under, but she was no fool and refused him. She was 23 years old, she must have watched many of her friends get married, she must have been hungry for that love and acceptance all young women long for, yet she didn't allow him to compromise himself or their relationship. I've always admired her for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream