DO YOU AND YOUR FATHER SHARE ANY INTERESTS? TELL ABOUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP.

Of course we share interests. How can a child, only having one father not want to have something in common with him and search for it and once found embrace it all in the interest of bonding and being one with her father? I went hunting with him; I learned to love dogs with perhaps a greater love than I had for family members. Sad, but true. And yes, dad was like that. I remember how he wept and moped when he had to get rid of Blacky. I loved fishing, though I couldn’t eat the fish.

We had a love hate relationship. He loved me. I loved him. Then I grew into my teen years and recognized that so much of what he was preaching and teaching had a grain of truth and much warped opinion. Then began the hate relationship. I wanted so badly to have his approval. It didn’t matter what I did. He knowing that’s what I sought, used that to try and manipulate me for his personal gain and use.

As a young mother I went through a grieving period when I realized it and realized that I had little choice other than to tend to my children. Dad’s an adult and capable of taking care of himself. My children are minors and therefore need me to meet their needs first and whatever resources I have left, if any, I can use to better my Dad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream