End Pieces

Here's a few more pieces. This is largely because
  • 1) I never heard my parents say anything about themselves doing something like this
  • 2) I did hear one of my son in law's did this
  • 3) Maybe one of my grandkids will read this (or have it read to them) and say, "Hmmmm. I think maybe I'll give it a go!"


So When I was in the 8th grade I was given a yearbook-the La Cumbrean. Mr. Cudlney my 8th grade science teacher made this huge announcement about how once in a while a teacher finds a student who does works really hard to do well and they get no rewards (Rodney Dangerfield-I get no respect-Google it if you're curious). So he presented the yearbook to.... Da-ta-da-da!

My name was called-I was in shock! So the next year when my Spanish teacher who was also heading up the yearbook invited me to help on the staff, I took him up on it. I knew I couldn't afford the book but still-anytime you're asked to do something you feel of value because you perceive you're needed. So I joined the staff. Little did I know that at the end of the year all staff members are given a yearbook (at least there they did).

Come to think of it, I believe a couple of my kids have worked on yearbook staffs. I think it's kind of cool. Helped me learn that I could put forth something of myself in a team effort and it could be a benefit to hundreds. It was cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream