DESCRIBE WALKING DOWN MAIN STREET OF YOUR HOMETOWN.

I’d like to describe walking down the street to my Grandpa Flint’s gunsmith shop in Louisville, KY. I really don’t remember or know if it was in the downtown district or not. I remember the one time I spent the night with him at his shop.

We rode the bus from Mom and Dad’s place to a few blocks from his shop, where he lived. There were lots of businesses and people in comparison to our somewhat quiet neighborhood. Yet I don’t recall it being as busy as seen the streets of downtown Provo, nor do I recall any skyscrapers.

It didn’t seem like we had walked very far or long, but then I was with my grandpa so it wouldn’t have felt long.

When we got to his shop I remember seeing a door inset from two large (not huge) display windows. I don’t believe his shop could have been much more than 20’ wide and perhaps 30’ deep. He had a curtained off sleeping area in the back where he worked on cleaning, building, and repairing weapons. There was a pot bellied stove used to heat his business. I believe that was fairly standard for small businesses in the 1950’s.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SONGS

The Measure of a Man

A Cerulean Blue Ice Cream